May 12, 2016

Scheffler's Six Month Post

SIX whole months. Time was flying and we were heading into the holidays. So many firsts were coming right around the corner. Between the four and six month mark, however, we hit some bumps. Not Scheffler, he was rolling right along. Nursing well, eating solid food well, starting to sit up a little and babbling on and on. 

But life. 

Life happened. 

First my Grandma Arline suddenly passed away. This was very hard. She was a vibrant, eclectic woman that lived life to the fullest. It was hard to imagine that she was gone. I was blessed to have had such an amazing woman in my life. I treasure the fact that she met Scheffler and got to know Henry. She loved them both fiercely. I can easily say there was nothing she was better at being than a grandmother. 



Shortly after this happened, we decided to head back to Kirkwood for Halloween. Since it was on a Saturday, I thought it would be a good chance or Henry to spend the holiday with my parents and trick or treat around where I grew up. When we woke up the morning of Halloween, we'd driven in the night before after my football game, our car was gone. The Pilot had been stolen right out of my parents' driveway. There isn't anything much more violating than having someone walk right underneath the window where you are sleeping and steal your car. Several weeks later, after we'd settled with insurance and purchased a new car, they found the car in a tow lot in East St. Louis. Not really the first Halloween we'd hoped for Scheffler. 



So we trudged along and Scheffler continued to shoot up the growth charts. It was hard to imagine could keep up this pace. We were desperately looking forward to the holidays for some cheer and time spent with family.



SCHEFFLER JAMES MEYER
SIX MONTHS
22lbs 11oz
28in 

No comments:

Post a Comment