May 11, 2016

Scheffler's Four Month Post


My Fall season was in full swing and Scheffler was growing up so quickly. During the past two months he'd gotten baptized and started rolling over. I remember being really emotional the first time he rolled over. I just remember thinking "He's actually doing something new. Not just living. But doing something." At his four month appointment it became apparent just how big he was and was going to be. He weighed in at a whopping 20lbs and in four months time had more than doubled his body weight. He was still nursing like champ and we were doing really well with it. Things were just chugging along at this point. Henry was finally fully potty trained and we were all in the swing of my fall schedule. Football Friday nights away were hard but that is my favorite part of the job and so I enjoyed it more than I didn't. I think that's the key to being a working mom, you have to enjoy being in the moment at work and not be constantly wanting to be away. Do I miss my kids while I'm at work? Sure. But I can be fully focused and in the moment while I'm there. 

At four months we also started solid foods with Scheffler. This is something we waited until six months with Henry but wanted to start with Scheffler, mainly because of his size, to help keep him satiated. He quickly took to it and we explored lots of foods quickly. 


SCHEFFLER JAMES MEYER
FOUR MONTHS OLD
20lbs
27in




No comments:

Post a Comment