May 12, 2016

Scheffler Nine Month Post

For his entire life, we knew Scheffler was big. I think though it really sunk in for me at his nine month appointment. He'd gained over four pounds since his six month appointment and weighed five pounds more than Henry did at this age. FIVE! He was in 18-24 month clothing and we had a problem. When I had a second boy I was so excited (for several reasons) but a lot of it was because, with their birthdays so close together, I had clothes in the right season! When you kids are big they blow through sizes quickly. So there are a few sizes we have only one season in. 24month/2T is one of them. Henry was well into Summer when he made this transition. I had no pants. None. All shorts. It was February. Finally I looked at Nick and said "We can't cram this kid into the 18 month pants anymore." They were too short and tight around his belly. So off I went for some long sleeve onesies and pants. 

And let's talk about onesies. My child was close to being out of onesies BEFORE he was crawling. Now, he's a late (and now probably never) crawler and he's the size of some 2-3 year olds but dangit! I want onesies for my baby! I'm determined to convince companies to make onesies in bigger sizes. I found a few after scouring the web. H&M has one size bigger than 24 month and Gerber makes larger plain white onesies. Overall, the market is slim. When we hit the lottery, Nick is going to being playing a lot of golf and I'm making a chunky kids clothing line. 





The card pictures were getting much harder to take at this point. Clearly we like chewing on things. He got teeth earlier and much more quickly than Henry. 


Here's his growth chart at 9 months to give you an idea of just how big he is. 
His weight doesn't even fit on the chart.


SCHEFFLER JAMES MEYER
NINE MONTHS
27lb 2oz
32in






No comments:

Post a Comment