August 18, 2012

100

Today is my great-grandmother's 100th birthday.

That's amazing. I think we should all be so lucky. We should be so lucky to live to 100. We should be so lucky to know our great-grandmother. We should be so lucky to have our great-grandmother in our life for 28 years. We should be so lucky to have our son meet his great-great-grandmother.

I am fortunate to have many of the above statements be true. Back in June when we were in St Louis Henry got to meet Nana (as we all call her.) Here is that amazing picture from that amazing experience:

While holding him Nana said "Here we are Henry. The beginning and the end." It was such a poignant moment and so very true. There was something very special about seeing this amazing nearly 100 year old woman with an infant.

A few days later we went back for a very special picture of five generations of my family. It included Nana, my grandmother, my father, myself and Henry. This is a picture not many people have and it is very special to me.


Happy Birthday Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment